5/6oz lasagna. I used the pre-cooked sheets
250g around ½lb mushrooms (any variety) sliced
1 large onion very finely diced
plus 2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp olive oil to fry them both in
A big packet of fresh spinach cooked, well drained & chopped ( use 1lb frozen spinach, defrosted & drained f you prefer, squeeze through a clean tea towel to remove all the moisture}
1 pint of white sauce of your own recipe plus
1 tsp Dijon mustard
8oz strong cheddar cheese
2oz grated Parmesan
half a pint of passata
around 1 tsp dried oregano
250g or thereabouts of Ricotta Cheese I used 1 medium sized tub
good grating of nutmeg
lots of black pepper & sea salt
Now I added a layer of yellow courgettes sliced thin and sauteed in a little olive oil but this is optional.
Okay you will need to oil your dish, mine was approx 6" x 10" but anything close will do.
1. Cook the onion, & garlic in a little oil until soft
2. do the same with the mushrooms
3.Place the spinach, ricotta, seasoning, nutmeg, half the grated cheddar and Parmesan into a bowl and mix well. Add the mushrooms and stir in check the seasoning..
4. Place half the passata into the bottom of your dish with a sprinkling of dried oregano & season it well
5. Place a layer of lasagna sheets on top.
6. Layer a third of the spinach/mushroom mix and continue layering up to about 4 depths of lasagna adding the rest of the passata & a little oregano to the third layer.
7.Pour the white sauce over, sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar & Parmesan and bake at 190c/375f/gas 5 for around 35/40 minutes.
Serve with a tomato and green salad. We had a hunk of garlic bread with ours which was total perfection.