Olive & Cheese Scone Tray Bake (Mary Berry)
1lb/ 450g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4oz/100g butter
7oz 200g strong cheddar grated
4oz/100g black olives pitted & chopped
2 eggs beaten
milk enough to make 10fl oz 300ml when mixed into the beaten egg
1 oz /25g grated parmesan
1 also added half a teaspoon of dried oregano although this isn't in the recipe. It just adds more depth to the flavour.
>
preheat the oven to 230c/450F/gas8
grease a 12x9 roasting tin (30x23cms)
Put the salt, flour & baking powder along withb the butter into a large bowl
Using the fingertips rub in the butter until it forms fine crumbs.
Add the cheese and olives.
Stir in.
Make a well in the centre, add the beaten egg & milk and mix to a soft dough.
>
Very lightly knead it together and roll out on a floured surface to the size that will fit the tin.
>
Mark it into 12 squares and brush the top over with a little milk
Bake for around 15 mins
Sprinkle over the parmesan and bake on for another 5.
It should be well risen golden brown by then.
Cool and use as required.
>
Olive & cheese scone tray bake
Fabulous recipe
ReplyDeleteCould this work with gluten free flour?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely. Try rice flour as an alternative
DeleteGreat recipe! The instructions are clear and easy to follow. I appreciate the useful cooking tips. Keep up the amazing work! By the way, here's a helpful resource for professional cleaning services:
ReplyDeleteNorthgate Facilities
I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
ReplyDeleteAfter going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com