La Différence

La Différence
A passion for food

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Chicken, Puy Lentil & Vegetable Soup



Here's another lovely soup that I often make. I like to use the bones from a roast chicken to make a wonderful stock and I add whatever meat that's left from the bird along with plenty of chopped vegetables. Wholesome, warming and so economical.
This recipe will also work well with the leftovers of most birds especially turkey.


4 Servings
1 & 1/2 pints good chicken stock ( I make mine from a roasted carcass but a couple of stock cubes will suffice)
around 1 cup of left over chicken diced
1 large onion finely diced
1 " carrot " "
1 stick celery " "
half red pepper " "
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp Puy lentils
sprig of thyme
1 bay leaf
half tsp dried oregano
chopped parsley
salt & black pepper to taste
1 tbsp oil either olive or sunflower
-
-
Sweat the vegetables & garlic in the oil for around 10 minutes
add the stock, the herbs and the Puy lentils.
Simmer for around 20 mins or until the lentils have softened.
Add the chicken, heat through, remove the Bay leaf & finish with the chopped parsley.
Serve with a hunk of lovely crusty bread


1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmmmm!! That's all I can say LOL Oh and please pass me a bowl!! Thanks for sharing this on Manic Monday :) Pinning and tweeting right now!!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my recipes with you all...please feel free to comment ..it's great to get some feedback ♥