I've just picked almost the last of my Autumn Fruiting Raspberries. You know, I think I prefer them to the summer varieties, these were smaller but with a wonderful intensely raspberry flavour. My father-in-law is wheat intolerant and just loves desserts so I always like to make him a special cake when he comes to tea... we have a slice each and then he takes the rest home ... usually with a big smile of his face as I wrap it up for him.
You're just going to love this cake, tangy raspberries along with the almonds and the creaminess of Ricotta .. just the perfect afternoon tea treat or a great dessert .
This recipe is based on my Gluten-Free Lemon Ricotta Cake which I have halved the ingredients to make a smaller 7"/18cm rather than the larger 11"/28cm that it makes. I've also tweaked the flavourings as you will see.
So, you need to grease and line a 7"/18cm loose-bottomed tin with parchment paper.
Set the oven to 160C/ 300F
I always weigh my ingredients for accuracy but if you prefer to measure them then here's a great Conversion Chart for you to follow.
Ingredients:-
175 gms unsalted butter at room temperature
200 gms caster sugar (superfine sugar)
300 gms ground almonds
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 large eggs at room temperature
125 gms Ricotta Cheese
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
300 gms Fresh Raspberries
Icing sugar to dust
a little extra sugar to sweeten the sauce to taste
Method:-
In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light & fluffy
Add the eggs one at a time and beat in well adding the vanilla with the last egg.
Mix together the ground almonds & baking powder then add to the butter, sugar & eggs mix and stir through gently to combine
Split the raspberries into 3 portions
Gently stir in the first third into the batter ( I used any broken or squishy ones for this) just to distribute them throughout the mix.
Place the batter into the prepared tin, smoothing on top until level.
Now gently push your forefinger and place a raspberry in the indention all around the top of the cake ... thus using up the second third of the raspberries
Place into the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for around 1 hr 20 minutes then check it. It should be golden brown...There should be no wobble in the centre at all as you pull the tin out...if there is continue baking whilst checking every 10 mins.
It will be ready after a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Mine actually took 1 hour 35 minutes before I was happy with it... but as we know all ovens bake differently and I would hate for you to over or under bake it .
Leave in the tin and place on a cooling rack until just warm
Carefully turn it out, leaving the paper on and leave to cool completely.
Whilst the cake is baking add the rest of the raspberries to a small pan with a teaspoon or two of sugar and slowly bring to the boil. Leave to cool slightly then pass through a sieve to remove the pips.
Place in a small jug and serve with the cake
Dust the cake with icing sugar and it's ready to serve.
I also served mine with the rest of ricotta that I had over but it would be fabulous with mascarpone or whipped cream .
another winner Dor, I really love your GF recipes I'm sure they're as good or even better than 'normal' cakes. This was particularly delicious. Natalie xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the wonderful post regarding the almond cakes. It was really excellent.
ReplyDeletewith regards
Catering Services In Chennai
I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
ReplyDeleteAfter going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com