La Différence

La Différence
A passion for food

Saturday, 4 June 2016

Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings







What can I say....delish.  I love this sort of  nibbley finger food, just a mouthful for pre-dinner drinks or canapés or pile a few up on a plate for a lovely starter.  Just keep a heap of napkins handy because they're so sticky mmmm!!!!

I used the little wing drumsticks, some supermarkets sell them like that eg Waitrose.  If you're using the full wing just make sure you break the elbow joint to open it out...so much easier to cook that way.

The recipe.

approx 1 kilo....2lbs chicken wings
for the marinade:-
3 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp Worcester Sauce
2 tbsp  Red wine vinegar
4 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp pimenton or paprika. I used a hot one but any will do
2 tbsp hot sauce  I used Tabasco 
1 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
good grind of black pepper 

Sesame seeds, toasted, a few chopped red chillies and some coriander leaves to decorate  

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and place with the chicken wings in either a cling film wrapped bowl or a  sealed zip bag.
Leave for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight to marinate.

Line an oven-proof tray with a double sheet of parchment paper.  Or don't bother lining if you don't mind a sticky mess to wash up later
Drain the chicken wings reserving all the marinade for later.
Place the wings on the tray and cover with a tight fitting piece of foil.    Heat the oven to 200c/400f
Bake for around 15 minutes, pour off the juices and remove any excess fat
Now pour these juices into the remaining marinade
Turn the oven up slightly and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Take out the oven, drain off all the juices...pour them into a saucepan and reduce by at least 50%
Pour this over the chicken
Sprinkle over the sesame and return to the hot oven for around 8 minutes turning them over half way through.
By now all the marinade should be a luscious sticky goo, make sure all the chicken wings are coated.
Pile on a plate, add a few chopped chillies and some green leaves...I used coriander  (cilantro)  and serve while still hot


2 comments:

  1. Dor, sounds delicious, silver foil throw away tray for me!! Thanks for the recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
    After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my recipes with you all...please feel free to comment ..it's great to get some feedback ♥